Read It In YOUR Language of Choice!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Back In The Saddle...

Hello all you kings and queens...I know that it's been a while since i've posted. This was completely unintentional on my part and if you are a faithful follower of this blog, I do humbly apologize. Have had some major issues at work: I've lost four employees (one of which was my only supervisor), I was down with the flu (seriously down) for the better part of a week and recovery has been really slow. I'm now currently putting in 60+ hours at work until I can get a new person hired into one of the two supervisory slots that I have open and trained. I'm coming home dead tired (literally) each day, and in the short term, it's not going to get any easier.

Anyway...to make this posting loc related--you know that flu that I had really did a job on my hair indirectly. I was running a temperature of 105 degrees (yep, it was the real-deal flu!) for several days and you just wouldn't believe how dehydrated my hair and skin became! My skin was flaky and had really fine lines especially around my cheeks and forehead, and my poor hair--dry, flaky, itchy scalp, and crispy, crunchy locs. I swear, they sounded like cellophane paper crinkling when you touched them! I was in a panic, let me tell you. I put out a call to my YouTube loc buddies for some suggested remedies and several of them came through--most of all it was going to take time and I had to work on getting my internal fluid levels back on an even keel. Adding vegetable glycerine to my daily spritz helped, along with some extra conditioning. My hair and scalp feel a lot better now, although I am still having a little problems with flakiness. I'm sure that will eventually right itself. Anyway, I hope this post finds all of you in good health and high spirits and looking forward to spring! I shall endeavor to post a little more often in the coming weeks and by all means please feel free to comment and offer suggestions for topics for discussion! Be blessed and talk with ya later!

2 comments:

msfullroller said...

Hey Janel, Glad to see ya back posting, just make sure you keep up on your rest during this stressful time and come back when you feel like it. We don't want you to have a set back in terms of your health. Take care sis!

KnottyAuthor said...

we all got hit by that nasty flu!!! man! it was bad. castor oil: great for the skin/hair and purging the body of impurities at the same time-oh, and a great laxative! hope you like it like i do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...