Read It In YOUR Language of Choice!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOCS (4 years)!

Hello my loc family--it's so good to be posting again.  Sorry for the long hiatus...lots of stuff going on.  I hope that the new year is beginning well for everyone.

I know that it's been quite a while since I've posted and yes, the wedding planning and execution went well.  The mother of the bride (me) got moved and situated so that the bride (my daughter) got her dress.  The newly-weds are doing very well.

I thought it was time for me to show some recent pics of my locs and what they've been doing.  And on what better day to do this than on my "loc birthday"--YAY!!!  It's been four years to the day, and I have enjoyed and learned so much about my natural hair; I'm still loving my texture--the curly-waviness of it and the sometimes semi-nappy springy-ness of my edges.   Check out the texture (and the silver hair LOL)!  Number of locs:  I'm not sure, since I have combined several.  Length:  approximately 2 inches above bra strap.  I haven't had hair this length for three decades...

In this shot you can see the thickness of the locs pretty well--I know...who would have thought my hair was so THICK?!?  It's  gotten rather difficult to pull my hair back into a pony--I can just barely hold all the locs in one hand while manipulating the hair tie in the other!  (Or is that old age and arthritis setting in? HA!)  Maintenance schedule:  wash as needed (usually once a week), use coconut oil and/or olive oil as needed for moisturizing, palm-roll whenever (I still semi-freeform).  Right now, I'm currently sporting about 2-3 inches at the root.  Oh yeah, I've started to finger-latch a few of the ones at my front hairline and nape of the neck, since the hair there seems to not want to loc without a little assistance.

I really hope you enjoy the mini  photo gallery and this post.  HAPPY LOC BIRTHDAY TO ME and many more!  Blessings to all, love and peace!





















6 comments:

msfullroller said...

Wow Sis, just beautiful! I'm so glad to have seen your locs and you grow from the beginning of your journey! Keep on keepin' on!

janel said...

hey msfullroller! thanks for hanging in there with me...how are you? thanks so much for your wonderful comment and compliment! how are your locs growing? blessings an dhappy new year!

msfullroller said...

My locs are growing..just not as fast as others that started at the same time as I. But I still love them and wish I'd done this years sooner. Happy New Year to you too with lots of peace love and laughter girl!

Nubian1 said...

Congratulations on your daughters nuptuals!

Wow how time flies! They look stunning. I am thinking about setting a challenge for myself regarding how often I retighten. So i'll see what happens there.

NaturaLocs said...

Hurray.

4 years and still blogging!? Much appreciated especially for newbies like myself.

Gorgeous :-))

KnottyAuthor said...

Hi, just came by to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...