Read It In YOUR Language of Choice!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

HELLLLOOO, Everyone! It's been quite a while since I've posted to this blog, and I do apologize for that. So far, this year has been flying by--can you believe that we're already at the half-way mark? I was so hoping that I would have another, less stressful job at this point in time, but alas, it is just not to be right now. I know, I should be grateful that I have a job, right? What with the way the economy is and people losing jobs, homes, etc. left, right and sideways--and I am grateful because I truly know that it could be worse for me. However, ...LOL!

Anyway, just thought I'd post a few pics of my locs as they are nearing their 15 month anniversary...15 MONTHS Y'ALL! Can you believe it?!? And I can remember when they were at that "do whatever WE WANT" stage and not "do whatever I" want stage. they have condensed and firmed up and have some length on them now ("shake dem dreads"!) and they truly look like locs. I've been "semi-free forming"--not retwisting for 2-3 months at a time now and I love the way it looks! Even from the beginning, I wasn't that into the "tightly twisted, see every single part and lots of scalp" look; I thought it made my hair took too scrawny. Now, everything looks really full and lush. and, I have to tell y'all this--one of my customers at the store (thank God I know her as a regular customer) came up to me about a week ago and touched my hair and said "I've been wanting to see how your hair feels. It looks gorgeous on you and it's so much softer than I would have guessed!" Now, mind you we don't hang out or anything like that but she does shop my store all the time, so I didn't feel violated, but I was a little surprised that she would touch my hair without asking. But the best part of it all was that she just raved over how soft my hair was and how pretty she thought it looked! "Course y'all know that I didn't do this for style, but for me; however it was really nice that someone else chose to validate at least a part of what I have already been feeling. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the pics and I'll try to post again really soon! Be blessed...

7 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Full and LYING DOWN!!When I'm big, my locs will be like yours-says one of my locs to another!

janel said...

@thandi: thanks so much--i'm sure that yours will grow up to be just a full! much love, girl!

msfullroller said...

Looking fabulous sis!

janel said...

@msfullroller: thanks, girl! yours are coming along nicely!

Unknown said...

You locs are GORGEOUS!!!

KnottyAuthor said...

OOOOOOO i love love love how ur locks have blossomed and swelled! you GO GIRL!

janel said...

@serving christ: thank you so much! not to sound vain, but i think they are "gawgeous" too! LOL. and yes, mine are related to my growth in christ. be blessed.

@cheleski: hi girl! so you're going to try free-forming now, huh? yep, it's another journey that's for sure! i am "semi-freeforming" right now--not twisting for up to 12 weeks at a time--i didn't think i would like going quite that long, but you know, it's kinda grown on me hehe! and i really like how full my hair is looking...i'm keepin' tabs on you girl! be blessed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...