Read It In YOUR Language of Choice!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Same Old Argument...Again!



Thanks to Brittany (hey b girl!) from the Loc Rocker blog (http://www.locrocker.com/2010/11/going-natural-makes-news.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook) for this one. (check out her blog--it's great!) But my question--why are we still having to worry/prove our professionalism when it comes to how we wear our hair? In my mind, someone that uses intelligence and tact to perform their job to their highest ability in the workplace is a professional; professionality (is that a word?) is NOT dependent upon how one wears their hair. Let me tell y'all, I've seem some "melanin deficient" (HAHAHA! a friend's term for "white people") folks looking truly like who-did-it-and-why in the workplace, and their "professionality"
wasn't/isn't questioned, regardless of what they look like or how they wear their hair? I mean really, have we not progressed at all?!? WTF?!? I AM PROFESSIONAL because I act professionally, no matter if my hair is permed, natural or loc'd. 'Nuff said...blessings!

1 comment:

Diva Sabrina said...

This news cast is in my local viewing area and the follow up and positive feedback was overwhelming. I've been natural for many years now and I had so many white people question my hair and styles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...