Read It In YOUR Language of Choice!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hairstyle Dilemma!

Hello all my loc'd beauties!  Last night as I was measuring my daughter to begin designing her wedding gown, it suddenly occurred to me that I have given absolutely no thought whatsoever to  how I might wear my locs on her wedding day!  I figure as the mother of the bride I need to look sophisticated, elegant and stunning (though of course, not as stunning as the bride herself!)  It's just amazing what things you think of at the oddest times--she was describing to me her plans for flowers, bouquets, her dress (we're collaborating on an original design), possibilities for her hair and makeup, color scheme, etc. and this just comes to me all of a sudden.

So...I guess I'm now on the hunt for loc inspiration pictures for this momentous day.  All I know right now is that I want an updo--one that is intricate (well, not necessarily intricate, just intricate-looking) and very regal-esque.  I don't know what is is about regal looking hairstyles, but they always make me feel like I'm a tall, slender Amazon!  (HA!  Tall I'm not at 5'3" and slender is debatable; I've got the curvy thing going on and while I'm  not fat, I'm not the thinnest person that you'll ever meet either.)  The intricate part is just because I absolutely ADORE anything that looks complicated (although it may not necessarily be complex and complicated).  I'm thinking some kind of adornment worn in the hair--beads?  Woven ribbon?  Gold or silver charms?  I dunno...something.  Oh yeah, did  mention that I also have to design and make her dress?  And design and make my dress?  So maybe I should decide on a dress design first, then worry about the hair!

I figuring that I'll be doing my hair myself since I don't have a regular loctician and I actually don't know of anyone to go to here in my area.  I'm here in Louisville, KY, so if any of  you have any suggestions, by all means let me know!  Also, if you have any suggestions of loc sites, blogs, photo galleries, etc. that show some bangin' and I mean really bangin' loc updos don't keep it to yourself--let a sistah know so she can check them out for ideas!  Until next posting, stay loc'd, be blessed, hugs and peace!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your daughters wedding sound so exciting! You have to be an excellent semtress if your going to make her gown. I'm in a wedding this August and I have to think of a loc style myself. Yikes lol! :)

KnottyAuthor said...

Congratulations! I am ALL about the up do's. Check out DaBronzeGoddess on youtube-classic styles I love to implement for special events!

janel said...

thanks to the both of you ladies for the comments and the suggestions! @rmcandlelight: have you come up with anything for your locs yet?

@cheleski: how are you lady? thanks for the suggestion! blessings to you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...